Police: Two ejected from vehicle, four flee scene of wreck
The 2600 block of South Main Street in Winston-Salem (Google Maps)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Winston-Salem police said two people were ejected from a car and four others fled the scene of the wreck on Monday night.
Authorities said they responded to a report of an overturned vehicle in the 2600 block of South Main Street shortly after 11 p.m.
Police said the two people who had been ejected were taken to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center with serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
They said a police canine unit was used to find the four people that witnesses said fled the scene.
Authorities said three of them were taken to the same hospital for treatment of minor injuries and the fourth was not injured.
Police said that speed and alcohol appear to have been factors. They said the investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
Anyone with any information can call the Winston-Salem Police Department at (336) 773-7700 or CrimeStoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k