Talking to kids about tragedy
The tragedy at the Boston Marathon is frightening for all of us, but it can be especially scary for children. Many parents wonder what to say to their kids about such incidents.
On Monday during the FOX8 Morning News at 9:00, Bryan Hatcher, the director of Center Development and Education at Carenet Counseling, stopped by to offer advice on how to talk to your children about tragedies.
For more advice, Hatcher recommends parents read the following article at socialworkers.org.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault