Optimism high at High Point Furniture Market
HIGH POINT, N.C.– New home construction in March hit its highest level in nearly five years.
With more homes being built, home builders like Fred Gignac are coming to the High Point Market to buy furniture.
“We put the furniture in the homes to help them move a lot faster and the clients are getting nice furniture with their homes,” Gignac said.
Mark Daniel, an interior designer, said clients are ready to buy because the economy is showing signs of improvement.
“My clients are willing to pay more for higher quality furniture. Four or five years ago they were looking for the best value for their money. Now they want higher quality, better design,” Daniel said.
Many at the High Point Market are optimistic that the housing market will continue to rebound.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting