11-year-old injured in Davidson County car wreck
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities said a one-vehicle car wreck on I-85 in Davidson County Sunday afternoon has shut down the Northbound lanes of the freeway at State Highway 109.
Davidson County Emergency dispatchers said a rollover accident injured at least one person. Officials said the wreck happened in the median near the rest area.
Authorities said the 11-year-old victim was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with unknown injuries.
Department of Transportation officials said they estimate the road to reopen around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault