11-year-old injured in Davidson County car wreck
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities said a one-vehicle car wreck on I-85 in Davidson County Sunday afternoon has shut down the Northbound lanes of the freeway at State Highway 109.
Davidson County Emergency dispatchers said a rollover accident injured at least one person. Officials said the wreck happened in the median near the rest area.
Authorities said the 11-year-old victim was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with unknown injuries.
Department of Transportation officials said they estimate the road to reopen around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK