Child struck by car in Durham, hospitalized in serious condition
DURHAM, N.C. – Police said a 9-year-old boy was hospitalized in serious condition after being struck by a car Saturday afternoon in Durham.
WTVD reported that the child’s mother was attending a yard sale on Liberty Street around 12:38 p.m. when the boy ran out into the road.
A witness said the wreck caused the boy to be thrown in the air.
Authorities said he was taken to the hospital with severe injuries to his head and leg.
Officials have not said if the driver will be charged.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault