8-year-old with cancer scores big at ECU spring game
GREENVILLE, N.C. — The biggest play of East Carolina University’s spring football game Saturday came from Noah Roberts – an 8-year-old battling cancer.
Noah raced 50 yards for the touchdown during the final play of the scrimmage and the crowd went crazy. The team ended up lifting him up as a hero.
The ECU team took Noah in a few years ago and the players said he has made a huge impact on them.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants