Warnings, watches canceled in the Piedmont
All of the weather warnings and watches for the Piedmont Triad from earlier today have expired.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected to move across the area through Friday night.
Several power outages were reported across the state including about 9,000 in Forsyth County, 2,200 in Iredell County and 2,600 in Rockingham County as of around 6 p.m.
Forsyth Technical Community College had canceled classes on Friday night at the Transportation Center due to power outages.
The greatest chance for strong storms was between 3 and 7 p.m.
FOX8’s Van Denton says the primary threat is damaging winds.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK