Warnings, watches canceled in the Piedmont
All of the weather warnings and watches for the Piedmont Triad from earlier today have expired.
Showers and thunderstorms are expected to move across the area through Friday night.
Several power outages were reported across the state including about 9,000 in Forsyth County, 2,200 in Iredell County and 2,600 in Rockingham County as of around 6 p.m.
Forsyth Technical Community College had canceled classes on Friday night at the Transportation Center due to power outages.
The greatest chance for strong storms was between 3 and 7 p.m.
FOX8’s Van Denton says the primary threat is damaging winds.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old