Report: Boy Scouts set to lift ban on gay members
The Boy Scouts of America called to end a long-standing ban on openly gay members, CNN and Reuters is reporting.
The organization’s board would have to vote in May on whether to ratify the resolution.
According to a Reuters report, if the vote is approved, “no youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone,” Deron Smith, the organization’s spokesman, told Reuters.
According to CNN, the organization will maintain the current membership policy for all adult leaders.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave