Report: Boy Scouts set to lift ban on gay members
The Boy Scouts of America called to end a long-standing ban on openly gay members, CNN and Reuters is reporting.
The organization’s board would have to vote in May on whether to ratify the resolution.
According to a Reuters report, if the vote is approved, “no youth may be denied membership in the Boy Scouts of America on the basis of sexual orientation or preference alone,” Deron Smith, the organization’s spokesman, told Reuters.
According to CNN, the organization will maintain the current membership policy for all adult leaders.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview