PHOTO: Fishing vessel runs aground on Shackleford Banks
A fishing vessel apparently ran aground on Shackleford Banks off the NC coast near of Carteret County.
Reports indicate the US Coast Guard responded to the scene and rescued the crew.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants