Storms likely tomorrow, but severe weather not expected
As of Thursday morning, the National Weather Service says the Piedmont Triad might experience non-severe storms as a system moves across North Carolina on Friday night.
Thursday will be partly-cloudy and breezy with a high around 82 degrees.
There is a slight chance of light showers late in the afternoon and overnight, but no storms are expected until Friday.
The NWS indicates storms are expected on Friday, but the the storms are not expected to be severe. On Wednesday night, FOX8′s Van Denton predicted the storms would have the potential to become severe with strong winds.
On Saturday and Sunday, expect plenty of sun with highs in the low to mid 60s and lows from the upper 40s Saturday morning, slipping to the upper 30s to near 40 on Sunday and Monday mornings.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault