Strong storms possible Friday
A strong cold front is headed our way and will bring in clouds tonight and a chance for showers and thunderstorms Friday. The best chance for showers and storms will arrive during the late afternoon and linger through the evening hours. There is a slight risk of severe weather for central North Carolina.The main threat is damaging wind gusts.
Behind this front, skies will clear for the weekend and highs will fall back to the 60s. Lows over the weekend will also dip to the 40s on Saturday morning, and into the upper 30s Sunday morning.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.