Strong storms possible Friday
A strong cold front is headed our way and will bring in clouds tonight and a chance for showers and thunderstorms Friday. The best chance for showers and storms will arrive during the late afternoon and linger through the evening hours. There is a slight risk of severe weather for central North Carolina.The main threat is damaging wind gusts.
Behind this front, skies will clear for the weekend and highs will fall back to the 60s. Lows over the weekend will also dip to the 40s on Saturday morning, and into the upper 30s Sunday morning.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave