Man cleared of charges in Greensboro shooting
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A man who was arrested last November after a shooting at a Greensboro home has been cleared of all charges in connection with the incident.
Police said Essam Bassam Allamadani, 27, was arrested within a couple days of the shooting, which was reported around 12:15 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 at 126 Drewsbury Drive.
On Thursday, Chris Parrish with the Guilford County District Attorney’s Office confirmed Allamadani was found not guilty of three counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling following a two-day jury trial last week.
Police had alleged Allamadani was among a group of suspects who broke several windows before firing multiple gunshots at the home, which was occupied by four adults and a 2-year-old girl.
Nobody was injured as a result.
Further details about the incident were not provided.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old