Suspicious package prompts evacuation at NC admin building
RALEIGH, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Administration building, at 116 W. Jones St. in Raleigh, was evacuated for about an hour Thursday afternoon due to reports of a suspicious package, WRAL reports.
A member of Gov. Pat McCrory’s staff saw the package on the first floor and reported it to authorities. A hazmat crew arrived on the scene around 5 p.m.
The package was removed from the building and will be sent to a lab for testing.
Employees were allowed back inside the building shortly after 5:30 p.m.
No one was injured.
Read more at WRAL
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave