Crime down on Randleman Road in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C.–Randleman Road used to be one of the most crime ridden roads in Greensboro.
For years, business and home owners along with Greensboro Police, have tried to stop the problem, and their efforts are finally paying off, as police say crime in the area has finally decreased.
Greensboro Police Cpt. Rich Culler said a better relationship with the community on how to report crimes along with use of a city-wide electronic monitoring system, which started in January 2011, have helped police efforts.
The monitoring system has allowed police to keep track of offenders, as well as monitor curfews and territorial restrictions.
You can view the recent Randleman Road crime statistics here.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k