Crime down on Randleman Road in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C.–Randleman Road used to be one of the most crime ridden roads in Greensboro.
For years, business and home owners along with Greensboro Police, have tried to stop the problem, and their efforts are finally paying off, as police say crime in the area has finally decreased.
Greensboro Police Cpt. Rich Culler said a better relationship with the community on how to report crimes along with use of a city-wide electronic monitoring system, which started in January 2011, have helped police efforts.
The monitoring system has allowed police to keep track of offenders, as well as monitor curfews and territorial restrictions.
You can view the recent Randleman Road crime statistics here.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview