Unattended suitcase prompts police response in downtown Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro police blocked off the intersection of West Friendly Avenue and Greene Street around 10:30 p.m. Wednesday due to reports of suspicious activity.
The scene was cleared without incident around 11 p.m.
Thursday morning, police said they were investigating an unattended suitcase that had been left on the sidewalk.
A Hazardous Device Team was called to the scene, but the suitcase was found to be empty, police said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave