Lexington Medical Center cuts two executive positions
Lexington Medical Center
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Lexington Medical Center reportedly cut two of its three vice president positions in March.
The Lexington Dispatch reports the vice president of support services position, which was filled by Barbara Smith, and the vice president of patient care services position, which was held by Johnny Veal, were both eliminated as part of a senior management team reorganization.
Hospital president Steve Snelgrove tells The-Dispatch the cuts were necessary due to the “evolving health care reform environment.”
The duties of the two VP positions will be handled by four other existing positions, Snelgrove told the paper.
One of the absorbing positions will be the vice president of financial and administrative services, which CFO Dan Squires was reportedly designated to.
Read more: The-Dispatch.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it