Chance of rain to start the work week
After a wonderful weekend, cooler weather and rain moves in for the beginning of the work week. The Monday morning commute will be wet, but Monday afternoon will be drier with a small chance for a leftover shower. Weekend highs were between 75 and 80 degrees, but Monday will be cooler with highs in the low to mid 60s.
A warming trend will begin on Tuesday with afternoon highs climbing to 80 degrees or better by Wednesday. Scattered showers and thunderstorms will move in for Thursday, with a better chance for thunderstorms on Friday. It’s possible a few storms on Friday could be severe. Cooler temperatures will move in behind the front for next weekend. Afternoon highs will be in the 60s with morning lows in the low 40s.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault