Suspects dead after attempted home invasion in Fayetteville
Photo credit: WTVD
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Two men who attempted to invade a Fayetteville home early Friday morning died after a gun fight with the homeowner, according to WTVD.
WTVD reports the exchange of gunfire happened shortly after 3:30 a.m. at a house in the 7500 block of Levi Road.
Both suspects fled the scene after the exchange, WTVD reports.
According to WTVD, one of the suspects, 20-year-old Xavier White, was later found shot on Martha Court. He was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he later died, the station reports.
The second suspect was found dead around 5:45 a.m. along the shoulder of the roadway in the 5400 block of South Sumac Circle, WTVD reports. The second suspect’s name has not been released.
The homeowner was also wounded in the exchange, the station reports. The homeowner’s name has not been released, either.
No other details were immediately available.
Fayetteville police are investigating the incident and ask that anyone with further information would call them at (910) 433-1856 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-8477.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home