Some power outages reported this morning across NC
Some scattered power outages have been reported Friday morning due to a wave of strong thunderstorms sweeping across North Carolina.
As of 6 a.m. in the Piedmont Triad, Duke Energy reports Forsyth County as having the most outages at more than 450. Stokes County is the only other Triad county with significant outages at more than 100.
Across the state, Iredell County is experiencing the most outages with more than 950 being listed without power.
Catawba County is reporting more than 400 are without power, and Macon County is reporting about 300 are without power.
Union County lists more than 100 without power.
No other significant outages have been reported.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it