Katie’s Day in Surry County
SURRY COUNTY, N.C.– Tomorrow is Katie’s Day in Surry County.
Last fall the Surry Central senior, confined to a wheelchair after an automobile 20 years ago, was named homecoming queen.
Now, the community is working to build her and her family a new functional home, so that her wheelchair can fit through the doors.
Operation Katie will take place at Fisher River Park in Dobson from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
More information can be found on the Operation Katie here
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy