Thunderstorms pass through; tornado watch expires
A tornado watch that was in effect Friday morning for much of the Piedmont Triad has expired as a line of thunderstorms made its way through the region.
The system moved across at 25 to 30 mph, packing 40 to 50 mph winds.
The storms were east of the FOX8 viewing area by 9 a.m., but lingering showers will stick around into the lunch hour.
Skies will gradually clear during the afternoon and highs will be warm, around 80 degrees. Expect windy conditions to continue with winds between 15 and 20 mph.
Friday night, mostly clear skies prevail and it will be chilly. Low temperatures slip into the mid-40′s by daybreak Saturday.
The weekend will be beautiful and mostly sunny with highs in the lower 70′s on Saturday. On Sunday, it will be partly cloudy with highs in the mid-70′s.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK