Improving East Burlington
BURLINGTON, N.C.– Community members gathered on Thursday for a focus group session aimed at East Burlington revitalization efforts.
In March, more than 150 residents from the East Burlington area met with the city council to discuss concerns about their neighborhood.
Thursday’s focus group of about 30 residents, discussed which areas of the neighborhood need the most improvement. Ideas included beautification, safety measures and business development.
Mayor Ronnie Wall, who is from East Burlington, said the focus groups are designed to give people who live in the area an opportunity to partner with city council deciding what changes should be made to the neighborhood.
“Even though I grew up here, I do not live here today, I wanna know whats going on,” Wall said.
“I want them to present the recommendations to the council in reference to their six months, eight months or a years worth plan. There is no timeline to the end of this project,” he said.
Wall said the East Burlington development plan will be a top priority for the city council.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK