UNC-Chapel Hill chancellor to be named Friday
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The University of North Carolina Board of Governors will meet Friday afternoon to elect a new chancellor at UNC-Chapel Hill, WRAL reports.
Chancellor Holden Thorp announced in September that he would step down at the end of the 2012-13 school year. In February, he accepted the position of provost at Washington University in St. Louis, and he plans to start that position on July 1, according to the report.
No information has been released on possible chancellor candidates.
Read more at WRAL
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting