UNC-Chapel Hill chancellor to be named Friday
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The University of North Carolina Board of Governors will meet Friday afternoon to elect a new chancellor at UNC-Chapel Hill, WRAL reports.
Chancellor Holden Thorp announced in September that he would step down at the end of the 2012-13 school year. In February, he accepted the position of provost at Washington University in St. Louis, and he plans to start that position on July 1, according to the report.
No information has been released on possible chancellor candidates.
Read more at WRAL
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave