Police: Banana and lobster steal sculpture from UNC Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C.– UNC-Chapel Hill Department of Public Safety investigators need help identifying suspects in a surveillance video who were allegedly involved in break-ins and thefts at the Student Union building on Sunday March 31 and again on April 1, according to WTVD.
Surveillance photos show four individuals entering the building; two are dressed in a banana costume and a lobster costume, according to the report.
Around the same time, someone took a wooden sculpture worth $1,000 from the building.
“We’re looking at this as a criminal incident. There’s larceny that was involved as well,” said Randy Young with UNC Public Safety. “We’re not ruling out the possibility of criminal charges, but we’ll be working with the student union to determine that.”
Read more at WTVD
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview