WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police say a married couple has been arrested in a series of robberies that occurred over the past four months in Winston-Salem.
According to police, 22-year-old Randall Gray Webb and his wife, 30-year-old Dalia Marquez Bernal, both of 3034 Indiana Ave., are charged with robbing a total of eight businesses across the city.
Police say the two were arrested Tuesday after detectives identified them as the suspects in the most recent robbery, which was reported Sunday night at the J and J Food Mart at 2022 South Broad St. Store employees told police one of the suspects approached a cashier and displayed a handgun before stealing an undetermined amount of cash.
After arresting Webb and Marquez Bernal in connection with the latest robbery, police said they determined the suspects were also responsible for eight other robberies that occurred in the past several months.
Other stores robbed by the couple, police allege, include:
- Jay’s One Stop on Old Greensboro Road (Jan. 25)
- Tienda Cuerrero on Old Lexington Road (Feb. 11)
- Tierra Caliente on Waughtown Street (Feb. 11)
- Tienda Mexicana Las Vigas on South Main Street (twice — one on Feb. 28 and again on March 28)
- Tienda Mexicana Rosy on Waughtown Street (Feb. 28)
- Jay’s One Stop on Waughtown Street (March 4)
- and the Editberta Morales food truck on Bloomfield Drive (April 2)
Both suspects have been charged in the above cases, along with 7 additional counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Webb is being held under a $650,000 secured bond. Bernal is being held under a $600,000 bond.
Photos of the suspects are not being released due to the ongoing investigation, police said.
The suspects are currently being held in the Forsyth County Detention Center. Their court date has been set for May 2.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call Crimestoppers at (336) 727-2800. The Spanish line can be reached at 728-3904.