Man kills wife, son over HIV fear in Ariz.
GOODYEAR, Ariz. — A man in Arizona killed his wife because he feared that he gave her AIDS, and then killed his adult son.
Fox News reports that 63-year-old Eugene Maraventano called police Saturday to tell them he had killed his family members several days earlier.
Goodyear police said Maraventano also tried to commit suicide, but failed to do so.
According to court documents, Maraventano fatally stabbed his wife, Janet, in their bed because he thought he may have contracted HIV from prostitutes years earlier and given it to her.
Maraventano also told police he killed his 27-year-old son, Bryan, over concerns he was mentally disabled because he didn’t have a girlfriend, couldn’t get a job and played video games all day.
Read more: FoxNews.com
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train