UConn blows out Louisville for women’s basketball title
(CNN) — Connecticut’s powerful offense scored almost at will Tuesday night as the Huskies blew out Louisville 93-60 to win the NCAA Division I women’s basketball championship in New Orleans.
The title is Head Coach Geno Auriemma’s eighth at UConn, tying him for the most all time with Tennessee’s recently retired Pat Summitt.
The 33-point margin is the largest in the history of the tournament final.
Breanna Stewart led the Huskies’ scoring with 23 points; she also had nine rebounds and three assists.
Louisville was led by Sara Hammond’s 15 points and five rebounds. The Cardinals’ vaunted Schimmel sisters, Shoni and Jude, combined for 16 points.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old