RCC hosting career fair tonight for advanced manufacturing jobs
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Randolph Community College is hosting a career fair Tuesday night for advanced manufacturing jobs.
The public event will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Continuing Education and Industrial Center at 413 Industrial Park Ave. on the college’s Asheboro campus.
Officials say representatives from several local industries that are looking for workers in the advanced manufacturing field are attending.
Advanced manufacturing is a field that uses cutting-edge technology to create products for fields like aviation, communications or health care.
Those who attend the event will have a chance to learn about training offered by the college by speaking with students and instructors. They will also be able to participate in hands-on equipment demonstrations.
Participating industries include United Brassworks, Timken, Kennametal, Southern Precision Tools, Tobe Mfg. Co., Teleflex, SouthCorr, Acme McCrary and Americhem.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home