Greensboro out of running for 2016 Olympic Swimming Trials
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro is no longer under consideration as a potential city to host the 2016 U.S. Olympic Swimming Trials.
The city had been one of four finalists selected to host the event.
“The organizers, volunteers, facilities and overall support in Greensboro were outstanding. Even though we won’t be there for the Trials, we look forward to a long relationship with Greensboro as we will continue to host events there in the future,” said Mike Unger, assistant executive director of USA Swimming, in a prepared statement.
USA Swimming’s Site Selection Committee toured the Greensboro Coliseum in March.
“We are certainly disappointed that we will not be the chosen city for 2016, however we are very pleased and proud to have made it this far in the process against some of the largest and most accomplished sports cities in America,” said Hill Carrow, Chairman of North Carolina 2016.
USA Swimming is expected to announce its final selection on April 27.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k