Deputies: NC man lived with dead girlfriend for days
Randall Edward Johnson, 44, of Williamston.
WILLIAMSTON, N.C. — A Williamston man is accused of living with his dead girlfriend for several days instead of reporting her death.
WNCT reported that Randall Edward Johnson, 44, was arrested after Martin County deputies found the body of Carla Jean Baggett at a home on Ballard Road on Saturday.
Authorities said Baggett was last seen alive Wednesday night, and her body had started to decompose in the suspect’s bedroom.
Officials said Johnson was Baggett’s live-in boyfriend. Deputies said they have not found any evidence of foul play, but the body is undergoing an autopsy. The age of the deceased was not provided.
Authorities said Johnson was charged with felony concealing a death from law enforcement and placed in jail under a $100,000 secured bond.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview