Woman rescued from tractor-trailer dangling over side of Va. bridge
SUFFOLK, Va. — A woman driving a tractor-trailer was rescued after her cab struck the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, caught fire and could be seen hanging over the bridge rail Monday morning.
The southbound lanes of I-664 at the Monitor Merrimac will be shut down for several hours due to the large amounts of diesel fuel spilled.
The driver suffered minor injuries and was charged with reckless driving after the incident.
Read more: WTKRSubmit Your Photo
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting