Woman rescued from tractor-trailer dangling over side of Va. bridge
SUFFOLK, Va. — A woman driving a tractor-trailer was rescued after her cab struck the Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, caught fire and could be seen hanging over the bridge rail Monday morning.
The southbound lanes of I-664 at the Monitor Merrimac will be shut down for several hours due to the large amounts of diesel fuel spilled.
The driver suffered minor injuries and was charged with reckless driving after the incident.
Read more: WTKRSubmit Your Photo
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault