Man used stolen construction equipment to steal from ATM
Winston-Salem Police said they are looking for suspects after someone used a stolen excavator to pick up an ATM and deposit it into a vehicle. (Photo: Aaron Glancy/WGHP)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police said they are looking for a man accused of using stolen construction equipment to steal from an ATM in Winston-Salem.
Police in Winston-Salem said they responded to an ATM alarm call at the Allegacy Federal Credit Union at 680 Vine St. around 1 a.m. Monday.
Police said the suspect used the claw to knock over the kiosk. They said the suspect then used the excavator to pick up the more-than-2,000 pound ATM and deposit it into a waiting vehicle.
A complete description of the suspect was not released. Police said the suspect vehicle was last seen traveling East on Martin Luther King Drive.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call Crime stoppers at 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave