Halifax deputies seize 21 dogs from suspected dog fighting ring
ROANOKE RAPIDS, N.C.–Authorities seized 21 dogs and 68 marijuana plants Sunday from a Roanoke Rapids home that was allegedly used for dog fighting, WRAL reports.
Halifax County sheriff’s deputies went to the property on Friday night and found a large number of cars in the yard and lights on a shed behind the residence. Several people ran from the area when deputies arrived, according to the report.
Authorities seized 19 pit bulls and two puppies, a dog fighting pen, dog training weights, syringes and animal medications from the residence. Some of the dogs have injuries consistent with dog fights.
68 marijuana plants were also found during the search.
Read more at WRAL
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault