Police: Home intruder shot, killed at Charlotte apartment
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police said they are investigating after a home intruder was shot and killed while trying to force his way into a Charlotte apartment.
WBTV reported that the shooting happened around 3 a.m. Sunday at the Alta Grove apartments on Season Grove Lane in northwest Charlotte.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg homicide investigators said the intruder was shot after struggling over a weapon with the man who lived there.
Authorities said the apartment resident suffered a minor gunshot wound to the hand. They said a woman was also at the apartment and was not injured.
Officials said the intruder was pronounced dead at the scene. They said his name and other identifying information is being withheld until his family is notified.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault