No injuries after small plane crash-lands at PTI Airport
GREENSBORO, N.C. — No injuries were reported after authorities said a small plane crash-landed at Piedmont Triad International Airport Saturday in Greensboro.
The wreck happened as the plane made a landing on the runway at around 11:30 a.m., according to Kevin Baker, the airport’s executive director.
Baker said the plane was a single-engine Mooney model M20F. He said it appears the plane’s landing gear collapsed.
Baker said there was minor damage to the runway pavement. He said the pilot was the only one on board.
Baker said the incident is under investigation and the runway had been closed following the incident.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK