No injuries after small plane crash-lands at PTI Airport
GREENSBORO, N.C. — No injuries were reported after authorities said a small plane crash-landed at Piedmont Triad International Airport Saturday in Greensboro.
The wreck happened as the plane made a landing on the runway at around 11:30 a.m., according to Kevin Baker, the airport’s executive director.
Baker said the plane was a single-engine Mooney model M20F. He said it appears the plane’s landing gear collapsed.
Baker said there was minor damage to the runway pavement. He said the pilot was the only one on board.
Baker said the incident is under investigation and the runway had been closed following the incident.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k