No injuries after small plane crash-lands at PTI Airport
GREENSBORO, N.C. — No injuries were reported after authorities said a small plane crash-landed at Piedmont Triad International Airport Saturday in Greensboro.
The wreck happened as the plane made a landing on the runway at around 11:30 a.m., according to Kevin Baker, the airport’s executive director.
Baker said the plane was a single-engine Mooney model M20F. He said it appears the plane’s landing gear collapsed.
Baker said there was minor damage to the runway pavement. He said the pilot was the only one on board.
Baker said the incident is under investigation and the runway had been closed following the incident.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview