Cyclist injured in Pilot Mountain wreck identified
PILOT MOUNTAIN, N.C. – Authorities have identified the cyclist airlifted to the hospital after colliding with a vehicle Friday afternoon at Pilot Mountain.
Officials said Jeffrey Hooks, 51, of Rural Hall, is in the hospital in serious condition after the incident was reported around 4:30 p.m. about halfway up the mountain.
Authorities said Hooks was riding downhill and collided with a car headed up the mountain. They said he was trapped underneath the car when emergency crews arrived.
Officials said he was originally listed in critical condition, but his condition has since been upgraded.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault