Wake Forest gets $6.5M donation for scholarships
Dr. Steven and Becky Scott (Photo courtesy, Wake Forest University)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Wake Forest University announced Wednesday it has received a $6.5 million donation for scholarships.
The majority of the gift will go toward the university’s Magnolia Scholars program, which provides scholarships for students who are the first in their families to attend college.
The donation was made by Dr. Steven and Becky Scott. It is the second-largest donation for scholarships given by an individual in the school’s history.
A prior gift from the Scotts helped to establish the Magnolia Scholars program in 2009. The program has aided more than 120 students.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k