Salisbury woman dies in head-on crash, daughter airlifted to hospital
Photo credit: WSOC
CHINA GROVE, N.C. — A Salisbury woman reportedly died over the weekend in a head-on crash in Rowan County.
State troopers tell WSOC 45-year-old Terri Myers McPherson was driving in the 4000 block of State Highway 152 on Sunday afternoon when she crossed the center lines, hitting another car head-on.
McPherson was pronounced dead at the scene, troopers said.
McPherson’s 9-year-old daughter, who was sitting behind her, was airlifted to a Charlotte hospital, WSOC reports. Her condition was not immediately available.
WSOC reports Jonthan P. Harty of Canaan, N.Y. was driving the other car while Joel P. Stewart of East Chatham, N.Y. was riding in the vehicle. Both Harty and Stewart were taken to a hospital, but their conditions were not clear, either.
Troopers said they are not sure why McPherson crossed the center lines.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.