Salisbury woman dies in head-on crash, daughter airlifted to hospital
Photo credit: WSOC
CHINA GROVE, N.C. — A Salisbury woman reportedly died over the weekend in a head-on crash in Rowan County.
State troopers tell WSOC 45-year-old Terri Myers McPherson was driving in the 4000 block of State Highway 152 on Sunday afternoon when she crossed the center lines, hitting another car head-on.
McPherson was pronounced dead at the scene, troopers said.
McPherson’s 9-year-old daughter, who was sitting behind her, was airlifted to a Charlotte hospital, WSOC reports. Her condition was not immediately available.
WSOC reports Jonthan P. Harty of Canaan, N.Y. was driving the other car while Joel P. Stewart of East Chatham, N.Y. was riding in the vehicle. Both Harty and Stewart were taken to a hospital, but their conditions were not clear, either.
Troopers said they are not sure why McPherson crossed the center lines.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child