Lexington woman charged with stealing during Easter egg hunt
Brandi Nicole Morris (Mugshot courtesy, Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
LEXINGTON, N.C. — A Lexington woman has been accused of stealing cash and clothing during a church’s Easter egg hunt.
Brandi Nicole Morris, 32, is charged with one count of misdemeanor larceny.
According to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, members of the Harvest Worship Center at 148 Primrose Drive reported the incident shortly after 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies say someone reported seeing Morris as she went through purses that were left inside the church while children were outside searching for Easter eggs.
A witness also told investigators they saw Morris take $75 worth of T-shirts which the church had for sale, deputies said.
Deputies say Morris was still at the church when they arrived. She was arrested at the scene.
The stolen shirts and $106 of the $146 that was reported stolen from purses were recovered, deputies said.
The suspect was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault