Lexington woman charged with stealing during Easter egg hunt
Brandi Nicole Morris (Mugshot courtesy, Davidson County Sheriff's Office)
LEXINGTON, N.C. — A Lexington woman has been accused of stealing cash and clothing during a church’s Easter egg hunt.
Brandi Nicole Morris, 32, is charged with one count of misdemeanor larceny.
According to the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office, members of the Harvest Worship Center at 148 Primrose Drive reported the incident shortly after 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies say someone reported seeing Morris as she went through purses that were left inside the church while children were outside searching for Easter eggs.
A witness also told investigators they saw Morris take $75 worth of T-shirts which the church had for sale, deputies said.
Deputies say Morris was still at the church when they arrived. She was arrested at the scene.
The stolen shirts and $106 of the $146 that was reported stolen from purses were recovered, deputies said.
The suspect was jailed under a $1,000 secured bond.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview