King woman holds an extra special Easter egg hunt
KING, N.C.– Easter is a special time of year, especially for children. For many, the Easter egg hunt is the highlight of the day. .
Ashley Manuel from King holds a special Easter Egg hunt for local children every year.
This is the tenth annual hunt for Ashley, her family and her friends in Winston-Salem.
“I just like to sit back and watch all these kids have a good time,” she said.
Of course she hosts the Easter egg hunt, but this get together is also filled with arts and crafts, games and a petting zoo complete with bunnies and even snakes.
“I love kids. I always have. I didn’t have kids and I’m really close to my nieces and nephews. All my friends had kids before me, so I decided to do something different.”
This weekend, the big event drew nearly 30 children and took days to prepare.
Ashley, along with her helpers, put out more than a thousand eggs for the kids along with assorted treats.
Young and old walk away from the Easter celebration with memories that will last a lifetime, all thanks to an idea Ashley had ten years ago.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child