Highs will be near 70 today, but cooldown expected overnight
A couple of cold fronts are crossing the state on Monday, but highs will be near 70 for most of the Piedmont.
Expect windy conditions Monday — between 12 and 16 mph — and warm temperatures.
The first cold front is headed toward the coast for the midday hours and skies are clearing out nicely in its wake.
The second front is passing by in the overnight hours, and it will lower our temperatures dramatically.
Skies will remain mostly clear overnight and lows will settle into the upper 30′s by daybreak. Highs Tuesday will be much cooler, in the upper 50′s with mostly sunny skies.
The weather remains cool and dry through Wednesday. By late on Thursday and into Friday, a low will move up the North Carolina coastline. Temperatures will stay steadily in the mid-50′s with showers becoming likely for the end of the week. Total rainfall could be around 1″ through Saturday morning.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k