‘Buckwild’ star Shain Gandee found dead
Shain Gandee (MTV.com)
(CNN) — Shain Gandee, one of the stars of the MTV reality show “Buckwild,” has been found dead along with two other people in Kanawha County, West Virginia, authorities said Monday.
“This is a very sad and tragic event,” Kanawha County Commissioner Kent Carper said. “We live in a very small community. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Gandee family. The full details will be released later by the Kanawha County Sheriff Department.”
Gandee was one of the nine cast members of “Buckwild.”
The show follows a group of young adults trying to have fun in Sissonville, West Virginia, pulling stunts like turning a dump truck into a swimming pool or just riding around the woods on their all-terrain vehicles.
MTV released a statement saying officials were “shocked and saddened by the terrible news.”
“We are waiting for more information, but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends,” MTV spokeswoman Candice Ashton said in an emailed statement.
Gandee was billed as a former high school prom king who had done “every job from coal mining to being a garbage man.”
The identities of the other two dead were not immediately known.
Kanawha County sheriff’s deputies had said earlier that they were searching for Gandee and his uncle, David Gandee.
Read more: Charleston Daily Mail
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting