Buckley Report: Hanging of John Jack Mays
Ralph Shaw does his research in a room full of pictures of his ancestors, but none are like the story of John Jack Mays.
Mays was the last man legally hanged in Surry County, in November of 1898.
Bob Buckley reports on Shaw’s mission to make the best of Mays’ sad tale.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave