Louisville beats Duke 85-63 to reach Final Four
INDIANAPOLIS — Louisville beat Duke 85-67 to reach the final four Sunday night in Indianapolis.
The Associated Press reported that Russ Smith scored 23, Gorgui Dieng had 14 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks.
Chane Behanan put Ware’s jersey on and stood at the end of the Louisville bench, screaming. Cardinals fans chanted “Kevin Ware! Kevin Ware!” as the final seconds ticked down.
“We won this for him,” coach Rick Pitino said, according to the Associated Press. “We were all choked up with emotion for him. We’ll get him back to normal. We’ve got great doctors, great trainers.”
Read more: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault