Man on moped dies after hit-and-run in Guilford County
Liberty Road and Blackmoor Road in Guilford County (Google Maps)
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Authorities said a man on a moped died after a hit-and-run involving a pick-up truck Saturday evening in Guilford County.
Trooper Greg Ingram said it happened around 6 p.m. on Liberty Road southbound near Blackmoor Road.
He said the truck passed a vehicle and hit the moped when it returned to the lane.
Authorities have identified the victim as 64-year-old Timothy Minor, of Greensboro. They said the victim was taken to Moses Cone Memorial Hospital for serious injuries and later died.
The suspect vehicle is described as a red full-size model Dodge pick-up from the 2000s with a ladder off the back. A description of the suspect was not released.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information can call North Carolina state troopers at (336) 334-5500.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault