Police: Ric Flair’s son found dead in Charlotte hotel
CHARLOTTE, N.C. —The son of former wrestler Ric Flair was found dead in a south Charlotte hotel on Friday, WSOC reports.
Officers were called to a hotel on Piedmont Row Drive South around 10:30 a.m. after he was found unresponsive in a room there. Police said Richard Fliehr, 25, was found dead when officers arrived.
Police said at this time, there doesn’t appear to be foul play involved in the incident. The cause of death has not been released.
Ric Flair’s agent released the following statement:
“We are heartbroken to confirm that Ric’s son, Reid Fliehr, has passed away today March 29, 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The investigation into the cause of death is ongoing. Reid was 25 and an incredible son, brother, friend, and professional wrestler. No words can describe the grief that Ric and his family are experiencing and they do request privacy during this devastating time.”
Read more at WSOC
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault