I-73 connector in Randolph County expected to be finished by Memorial Day
RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — The new Interstate 73 connector in Randolph County is expected to be completed around Memorial Day, officials said on Thursday.
The project has been delayed due to rain and cold temperatures, according to DOT officials.
The goal of the connector is to connect Randolph, Guilford and Forsyth counties.
Weather permitting, the DOT hopes to put down asphalt on Monday.
When finished, it I-73 will connect to I-74 making traveling to the beach faster this summer.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old