I-73 connector in Randolph County expected to be finished by Memorial Day
RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — The new Interstate 73 connector in Randolph County is expected to be completed around Memorial Day, officials said on Thursday.
The project has been delayed due to rain and cold temperatures, according to DOT officials.
The goal of the connector is to connect Randolph, Guilford and Forsyth counties.
Weather permitting, the DOT hopes to put down asphalt on Monday.
When finished, it I-73 will connect to I-74 making traveling to the beach faster this summer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault