Mount Zion Baptist Church gives away free gas to hundreds
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Members of Mount Zion Baptist Church of Greensboro sponsored a gas giveaway at the Exxon station on Elm-Eugene Street on Friday.
The third annual service event, “No Greater Love” , gave away $20 worth of gas along with tire pressure checks and clean windows to the first 100 cars in line.
Pastor Bryan J. Pierce Sr. said this was the first time they’ve given away gasoline instead of back to school supplies, and wanted the fellowship and service on the street rather than through a sermon.
“It’s more than just gas,” Pastor Pierce said. “For some it is gas, but for others, this is a sign of hope. It may be bad but there’s a brighter day.”
Saturday Mount Zion will continue their service by passing out groceries to hundreds of families in the Hampton Homes Community, so people will be able to cook a traditional Easter Sunday meal.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview