Four injured in Kernersville head-on crash
KERNERSVILLE, N.C. — Four people were injured in a head-on crash in Kernersville late Thursday night.
Officers responded to the intersection of Hopkins Road and Bluff School Road where two vehicles collided head-on around 9:44 p.m.
Police said Juan Sostaita, of Kernersville, who was driving a 2003 Ford Focus, was traveling north on Hopkins Road when he crossed the center line and collided with Michael Nelson, of Winston-Salem, who was driving a 2002 Honda Accord.
Sostaita was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for treatment. Nelson was taken to Kernersville Medical Center.
Berta Diaz, 58, and Felipa Rosales, 69, both of Winston-Salem, were also in the car with Sostaita and were injured. Both victims were taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for treatment.
No other information about the victims was provided by police.
The crash is still under investigation by the Kernersville Police Department Traffic Team.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview