Police: SC mom arrested after slapping wrong child
SPARTANBURG, S.C. —The mother of a middle school student who was being suspended has been arrested after deputies say she walked into the school and slapped the wrong child, WSOC reports.
Spartanburg County sheriff’s deputies said the 36-year-old woman went to Fairforest Middle School Wednesday morning to pick up her son. According to the report, the school’s principal called authorities after the woman walked into the office, mistook a boy for her son and slapped him in the face.
The principal said that boy was sick and had been waiting to be picked up. Once the mother realized her mistake, she apologized, then walked over to her son and knocked him to the ground.
Read more at WSOC
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k